Allied Health / Public Liability
There was a fire at the Insured’s day spa premises which caused extensive damage to the property. The landlord claimed for costs relating to property damage. The cause of fire was the spontaneous combustion of towels that had been stacked into shelving shortly after removal from a dryer. The towels were packed whilst hot and the presence of residue oils in the fabric of the towels contributed to the spontaneous combustion.
The Insured claimed under the policy and the Insurer paid $65,000 to the Insured.
The provision of the claims examples are for illustrative purposes only and should not be seen as an indication as to how any potential claim will be assessed or accepted. Cover for a claim will depend on the specific circumstances around the loss and would be subject to the terms and conditions of the policy concerned. As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained in this email is general only. Coverage for claims on the policy will be determined by the insurer, not BizCover for Brokers, and will depend on the specific facts and circumstances involved.